E-Mail #42 Texting & Dancing

Am I back?

Who knows!

Hello reader, to state the obvious, it has been a while. To be truthful, I haven't felt at all like writing this blog. I got into a really good routine leading up to July and writing this weekly blog fitted well into my week, but after going away and coming back all sad and mopey I didn't want to write. My own schedule changed and I just couldn't bring myself to sit down and compile these as they do take a little while.

At #42, I'm going to try and keep going a few more, pass over the year mark and maybe see if I want to continue this.

After all that, let's get on with the segments!

Video Corner


This video actually made me feel so darn inspired, and the wanderlust itch started up again. 3 creatives decided to task themselves with recreating the default Apple wallpapers from the Californian locations, and it's such a great little video about pushing yourself and taking in some great sights.

Podcast Pitch

Still Buffering


It's rather surprising that it took me this long to get onto this podcast, as it's a branch off of the McElroy podcasting empire featuring the Smirle sisters! Sydnee, Taylor and Riley are all sisters of varying ages, but they have one other thing in common, they all used to (are) be teenagers! This podcast is comprised of topic-based episodes that relate to teenagehood, and the comparisons through age and experience. The conversations are so natural and flowing and it's just a great good-feel listen. 

Check em out here

Tweet of The Week


Netflix Natter

Taskmaster


Yeah it's not on Netflix, I'm sorry, need to refine that category. Taskmaster is a batshit uk show that I found through youtube compilations! The premise of the show is the taskmaster (Greg Davies) tasks a bunch of UK-scene comedians to complete wild tasks e.g making the biggest splash in a bucket, eating the most melon in a minute, send daily cheeky texts for 5 months... etc. It could be really cringe but it's edited really nicely. The winner of these tasks is determined by the task master and it's just an absolute riot.

Check it out on Dave, or here!

Song Crush


Lizzo is great, we all know this. I found this song by perusing my Spotify friend activity and found a Lizzo song I hadn't listened to before, and it's AMAZING, of course it is. Listen and see.

Movie Mention

Dirty Dancing


As a 23 year old lady, apparently not having seen Dirty Dancing is a crime, and I've had multiple people yell at me about it. I just never saw it! Twas never introduced to me, or put on in the background. It's weird because I was a dance kid, but here I am watching it now. And I loved it! The yelling makes sense. I watched it quite late at night, so at 2am I was sat watching the credits roll wondering if I should buy some heat rollers and enroll in a dance class. It's a great film with mega music, just sad I hadn't seen it till now!

What I Made


It's been a hot minute since I shared some of my creations, and to be fair I haven't actually made any for a while so it fits. This is a little HP food series I made to get my back into creativity and...warm up for...inktober. 


I'm SUPER proud of these, so I won't say no if you want to share with your friends ;)

---

Signing off now, feeling better after having written all this and stepping back into my old review shoes. I'll try to be back next week!

Love Ella!


Comments

Popular Posts